2010 Theatrical Gunfight at the Diamond Belle Saloon
- The Diamond Belle: The Strater Hotel’s original saloon was named the Strater Bar, opening in 1888. Between the early 1900’s and 1957, the space was overhauled and housed offices for various businesses and agencies. Then in 1957, the room was restored back to a turn of the century saloon called the Diamond Belle. The costumes of the bar staff and the ragtime piano entertainment are reminiscent of the Victorian Era.
- The theatrical gunfight at the Diamond Belle Saloon is reminiscent of Old West gunfights of the 1800’s, including the shootout at the O.K. Corral in 1881 in Tombstone, Arizona.
- Typically there are at least 2 characters involved in the gunfight, the wanted man and the lawman. At times the theatrical gunfight includes one of the Saloon Belle girls.
- The Strater Hotel and Diamond Belle Saloon, for a small fee, offers the opportunity for a guest to play a role in the gunfight. For more information, call the Strater Hotel front desk at 970.247.4431.
- The gunfight begins when the lawman identifies the bandit in the Saloon. They typically exchange words and then move out to the street for the shootout.
- Gunfight lasts between 10 – 15 minutes.
- There is no cost to see the gunfight and it is appropriate for all ages.
- Where: The Diamond Belle Saloon. 699 Main Ave, Durango, Colorado 81301
- When: 7:00pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday throughout the summer
Media Contact: Lorraine Bittles
Diamond Belle Saloon and Strater Hotel