Like all festivities in Durango, the Fourth of July is not taken lightly by locals. With new events introduced each year, this holiday is ever-evolving. Here's a compilation of Durango events you might want to check out if you're in town!
- Jump-start your weekend by heading to Vallecito Lake on July 3 to watch some fireworks. Many people gather on the north end of the lake to socialize and enjoy the display. Others will be seen bobbing along the lake in their rafts or boats. Whichever you chose, you will not be disappointed with these donation- based fireworks.
- If you want to do something authentic to Durango summer, head over to the Farmers Market for some Durango flavor. It runs at the First National Bank parking lot every Saturday from 8am-12pm.
- Take part in the Freedom 5k. All ages wlecome to run, walk or stride this festive FREE 5k along the scenic Animas River Trail. Registration is from 8:15am - 8:45am and the run begins at 9am!
- Eat lunch at a BBQ put on by the Elk’s Lodge in the parking lot from 12-4pm.
- The annual “Stars and Stripes” parade will begin at 6pm on Main Ave. Be sure to wear your most patriotic outfits. Join some friends for a BBQ, and then head to find a place downtown or near the Fort Lewis College campus to watch the fireworks at 9:15 pm.
- 4th at the Fort, for alumni and family, will take place on the rim at Fort Lewis College just south of the Chapel. The event will run from 7:00pm - 9:40pm. Pork and veggie sliders as well as Ska beer will be for sale! What a great place for fireworks views.
- Looking for an event for you and the kids? Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Trail Tours is offering a Fourth of July boat parade. This is a great chance to enjoy some sunshine on the river, see who has the most patriotism by wearing the most red, white, and blue that you can. Kids will receive a special American-themed souvenir that they can wear for the rest of the day. Launch times are 8:30am, 9:30am, 10:30am, 2pm, and 4pm. Seats are booking fast, so call the office to reserve your spot today at (970) 247- 4789.
Get more info here.
Did we miss anything? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a 4th of July event to add!