Crafted Beverages of SW Colorado
Welcome to the Crafted Beverages of SW Colorado
The Crafted Beverages promotion taps into Colorado’s long history of agriculture and tourism by promoting local producers of hand-crafted beers, wines, spirits, ciders, and soft drinks.
The Southwest region of Colorado boasts nearly 30 independent producers of these unique crafted beverages. From Durango to Ouray, Pagosa Springs to Cortez, visitors can discover breweries, explore rural wineries, and tour in-town distilleries, all while enjoying everything Southwest Colorado has to offer.
Stop by the Durango Welcome Center at 802 Main Avenue for a brochure, map, and more information.
- Know before you go. Use the contact information on this site as a guide to learn about the producers you wish to visit beforehand. Many, but not all, serve food, and some offer tours and tastings. Contact the producers themselves to confirm or to find out more about entertainment or special events. Some establishments might require reservations.
- Make the journey to your destination an adventure. Durango and the surrounding communities have numerous attractions to explore, so be sure to spend time in each of these unique communities. Leave time for sightseeing, hiking, shopping, and delicious meals along the way.
- Weather in the mountains can change quickly and unexpectedly, as can road conditions. Be prepared and always build extra time into your schedule.
- Colorado is the highest state and elevation changes require precautions. Give yourself a few days to get acclimated to the altitude, get plenty of rest, drink lots of water, and resist overdoing activities. If you’re coming from a lower elevation, remember that the effects of alcohol can feel stronger and quicker at Colorado’s higher elevations. Drink responsibly and know your limits.
- Don’t drink alcohol and drive. Select a designated driver or contact a tour company that offers brewery and/or winery tours, such as High Up Tours.