Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory
Phone: (970) 259-1408
10:00AM - 9:00PM
Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is an international franchisor, confectionery manufacturer and retail operator in the United States, Canada and the United Arab Emirates. The Company is based in the charming old-west town of Durango located on the western slope of the Rocky Mountains in southwestern Colorado. From its 53,000 square foot factory, the Company manufactures an extensive line of premium chocolate candies and other confectionery products to supply its many franchise locations, delivered fresh by its fleet of refrigerated trucks.
The factory typically produces approximately 300 chocolate candies and other confectionery products, using proprietary recipes developed primarily by its master candy maker. These products include many varieties of clusters, caramels, creams, meltaways, truffles and molded chocolates. Individual stores prepare a variety of caramel and candy apples, fudge, chocolate items and confections in full view of the customer using traditional cooking utensils such as copper kettles on gas-fired stoves and marble slab cooling tables.
In 1985 the Company went public and is now traded on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol "RMCF".
Our Fun Facts!!
- Our fudge recipe was developed by a mathematician who taught at Fort Lewis College.
- Our first chocolates were made atop a pin pong table
- Our first delivery vehicle was a VW crew cab truck that we still have and still runs!
- At the company's first headquarters behind the Gas Light Theaters, chocolates were lowered by pulley to street level
- Truffles the Bear is more recognizable than our logo
- We are celebrating our 35 year in May of 2016
- Frank Crail, the founder, remains the President and CEO to this day
- We are the exclusive chocolatier for the DesiLu corporation featuring the I Love Lucy "Job Switching" image of Lucy and Ethel
- Our marshmallows in our Rocky Road are homemade and handmade
- We proudly still make many of our pieces by hand at the factory