The Black Diamond Lodge, formerly the Silverpick Lodge, sleeps 46 people for family reunions, small weddings or ski adventures. The lodge is tucked under the Hermosa Cliffs, with a view of the Twilight Peaks, surrounded forrest. Located only 5 minutes from Purgatory ski resort, with a free shuttle service, this lodge is a ski-in ski-out dream!
The Black Diamond Lodge is located halfway between hip Durango and historic Silverton and just a mile south of the lifts at Purgatory Resort on the San Juan Scenic Skyway. It is tucked under the 1500 foot Hermosa Cliffs, across the street from the Twilight Peaks and is surrounded by the Wimenuche Wilderness and the San Juan National Forest. This is the Colorado of your dreams.
The lodge sleeps up to 46 people in 12 bed rooms with 20 beds, 4 pullout couches, 3 decks and 2 private fireplaces. The Black Diamond Lodge is located halfway between hip Durango and historic Silverton and just a mile south of the lifts at Purgatory Resort on the San Juan Scenic Skyway.
* The Game Room features a pool table, a foosball table, a ping pong table and many yard games.
* There are easy walking trails at the lodge and a dozen more within a couple of miles.
* The rustic "spa" includes a Steam Room, Sauna, and three Hot Tubs, anytime day or night. It is often used as a Dressing Room for brides and her attendants.
* Our Ski Shuttle runs daily between 8 am and 5 pm throughout the winter months.
* Want to use our firepit? We provide firewood. You provide common sense. Be safe and have a good time!
Our space is also available for private parties and weddings! Looking for a destination wedding in the heart of the Rocky Mountains? You’ve found the place! The Black Diamond Lodge offers on site catering options, on-site lodging, and full service coordination for the couples looking for an all-inclusive experience, but also offers flexibility for couples looking to plan their own unique event.
Located just 45 minutes from Downtown Durango in the beautiful Hermosa Valley near Purgatory Ski Resort, The Black Diamond Lodge aims to provide a ski lodge, event venue and bar for wedding parties, families and businesses looking to create memories in the mountains!
The Black Diamond Lodge, formerly The Silverpick Lodge, transitioned ownership in 2022 and the new owners are excited to continue the memory-building, celebration-having legacy of the past few decades. With new offerings and a brand new killer staff, the building is getting a full remodel prior to the 2022 wedding season to launch into the summer with a fresh, clean updated venue.