This 4th of July, "We Want You" to stay and play in Durango to enjoy a town-wide week of festivities. The town of Durango is celebrating the 4th of July with a week of events including concerts, dance parties, movies in the park, the Stars & Stripes 4th of July Parade, the 4th of July Street Dance & Drone Show, artists showcase, food & drink, a 5k race, a Homes for Heroes picnic, the True Western Roundup, and more. The 4th of July festivities in Durango offer something for everyone!
As we count down the days till the 4th of July, you can participate in the selfie scavenger hunt and win awesome prizes. The town-wide selfie scavenger hunt begins on Friday, May 19th, and runs until the 4th of July. Please stay tuned for a list of locations where you can take your "red, white & blue" selfies and submit them to @VisitDurango on social media for a chance to be featured and win awesome prizes.
• Independent Food Truck Celebration at the La Plata Fairgrounds & Event Center | 12 - 3 pm
• Oscar’s Café Pie Eating Contest at La Plata County Fairgrounds 2:30 pm
• Watermelon Eating Contest at 11th Street Station | 4 - 6 pm
• Live Concert and Silent Disco at 11th Street Station | 9 - 11 pm
• Durango Breakfast at VFW Post 4031 | 9 - 11 am
• Ice Cream Social at VFW Post 4031 | 5 - 7 pm
• Southwest Civic Winds Concert at Rotary Park | 6:30 - 8 pm
• Apple Pie Baking Contest at EsoTerra Ciderworks | 3 pm
• Movies in the Park at Buckley Park | 7 - 9 pm
• All-American Gourmet Breakfast at Rotary Park | 7:30 – 11:30 am
• Freedom 5K Race | 9 - 11 am
• Southwest Civic Winds Concert | 9:15 – 10:45 am
• Building Homes for Heroes Picnic | 12 - 4:30 pm
• Stars & Stripes 4th of July Parade on Main Avenue | 5:00-5:45 pm
• 4th of July Street Dance & Drone Show | 6:30 - 10 pm
• True Western Roundup at the La Plata County Fairgrounds | 6:30 - 11 pm
Durango residents can enter the 4th of July Staycation Sweepstakes, and people across the country can enter the 4th of July Vacation Sweepstakes. Both prize packs include a two-night stay at a downtown Durango hotel, two days of breakfast, lunch, and dinner at locally owned restaurants, a $500 downtown Durango shopping spree, four passes to the Durango Hot Springs, four tickets to the Bar D Wranglers Cowboy Music Show & Supper, and four VIP seats at the Durango 4th of July Parade.