Be Aware, Recreate with Care
It's no surprise that Durango, Colorado gets plenty of attention because of its incredible trail and local recreation areas. Outdoor recreation comes in many forms:
- Mountain biking
And so much more!
In order to keep everyone safe and to keep our 300+ miles of trails and natural lands protected, we're asking everyone- locals and visitors alike to "Be Aware and Recreate with Care."
Ways to Be Aware and Recreate with Care
Before heading out to play around Durango, make sure you:
- Know and obey the current fire, grilling, and smoking restrictions
- Know the trail conditions of where you're going
- Know proper trail etiquette
- Stay on designated trails
- Pack out your waste (including your pet's)
- Respect wildlife
- Check the weather conditions
- Wear the right clothes
- Pack enough food, water, and salt
- Wear and reapply sunscreen every two hours
- Stretch early and often
- Wear a helmet (if you're on wheels, the water, or the climbing wall)
Get more details here.
We all have a responsibility to share and play together- for the benefit of the trail's health, each other, and our Durango animal friends.